Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Odessa

Feeling a little bewildered by humanity today. On the one hand, sat in on Adam's happy hour gig at the Hole in the Wall and was very well-received despite the lack of people there. On the other hand, have to deal with EXTREMELY LAME online drama concerning a) a bar I was at last week and b) an offer to compete in a mud/Jello wrestling match via ModelMayhem. Seriously, what the fuck are all these people thinking?? Makes me wonder sometimes.

In other news, was given a kickass Tamron zoom lens today in advance exchange for several shoots which was extremely nice (thank you David Jewell!), as opposed to the last person who "traded" me a lens for five shoots and has not yet reimbursed me with said lens. Lens is awesome and can finally take my camera out places, so sweet. Used it first off to take photos of my sprouts this fall:

Kale!

Carrots and New Zealand spinach!

I also have an assload of prickly pear cactus growing in my front yard and all of the fruit is ripening and turning this beautiful shade of burgundy. I looked up how to harvest it online and soon I will have a bountiful harvest of cactus fruit that I have no idea what to do with. Get it while it's hot! (Seriously, Austin, if you want some please hit me up.) Over 'n' out.

No comments:

Post a Comment