Sunday, April 11, 2010

Layte-lee

Oops, slacked on getting this thing updated again. Hectic couple of weeks; lots of shoots, house-sitting with Adam for two dogs, two cats, and six chickens...my computer is on the fritz right now too so I'm unable to post any pictures. Can't believe I have to get my hard drive replaced AGAIN. The computer is brand-fuckin-new!

Still no employment to speak of, but a couple of interviews coming up in the next week. Did an all-day outdoor shoot yesterday and came back with some bug bites on my ass, cactus thorns in my hand, and $300 in my pocket, plus a handful of rocks and some railroad spikes...so all in all a good day. My accordion is finally fixed too! Granted I have been in and out of the house so much I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and play, but all in good time...

What else...I have been on a huge coconut kick lately...as soon as I figured out how to open them it was love at first sight (sip?). The travel bug bit me again too, which is definitely the last thing I need considering my lack of funds. Driving through hill country yesterday just gave me this awful heartachey desire to be driving through the California desert again. Austin is absolutely beautiful and green and lush but there will always be something about the desert that I crave immensely that cannot be satiated by any other landscape. I need to go back in November and have a crazy Death Valley adventure with my beloved David Winge. Doing everything in my power to ensure that happens.

My head has been very much in the clouds the last couple of weeks...often I find myself walking around feeling like I'm dreaming. For that matter, the dreams I actually have had have been extremely strange and very vivid, but I suppose I go through stages like that where my dreams are really intense for a few months, and then for a while I never remember them at all. Funny.

 I just made the mistake of washing my hair before I go bike around, I thought I was gonna take the bus but now I have absolutely no patience for it. Grrr. Tonight is a candle-lit banjo sesh at Flipnotics where my sweetie is playing, gonna be fun! That's it for now I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. October would be much better ;-) It's getting mighty cold up there in November! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do my best to get out there, promise!

    ReplyDelete