Sunday, February 7, 2010

Legionnaire's Lament

Sweet Jesus, it's early! The sun won't even be up for another hour or so. I don't think I've woken up this early in years, and certainly I can't remember the last time I woke up at this hour and actually wanted to, haha. It's going to be so beautiful out in the desert though and I can't wait!

After all our desert activities I get to come home and finish (start) packing for Austin. I'll be there from Monday till Friday visiting with my sweetie and trying to find a place to live. Wednesday will be super hectic but hopefully fun. I'm already getting nervous about meeting with people but I know it's not going to be as bad as my brain thinks it will be. I seem to be hitting a lot of little rocks in the road as far as planning this move is concerned, but ultimately it's more nerve-wracking than discouraging, and I know that I'll get out there one way or another - after the last few weeks there is no way in hell that anyone could convince me to stay in Orange County any longer. My dad keeps asking me if I'm sad to be leaving and if there's anything I'll miss. I can honestly say that there's nothing I'll miss about Orange County except my family. California itself, on the other hand, I will miss. I'll miss the Pacific Ocean and the tidepools and the rocks all up the coast from Laguna Beach to Mendocino. I'll miss San Luis Obispo, my pen pal Aram there, and Bel-Frites (ahhh damn you Bel-Frites!). I'll miss the huge variety of terrain, from the mountains to the desert to the ocean and the forest and lakes, and all the scenery I never got to visit here - but I'm sure that I'll be back. I had a bunch of adventures I wanted to take before I left town but I simply don't have the means financially to go taking a trip anywhere. Ah well, this move will definitely be enough of a trip, especially if I'm able to drive out there after all instead of taking a plane.

Lord, I can't wait to see this man again:

 

He has brought so many wonderful things into my life (along with his amazing self) and I am so thankful to have him by my side through all this. I am itching to find myself back in his arms and wandering up creek beds with him looking for pretty rocks and fossils...
I suppose I should get off this thing and go get ready now. I gotta remember to stop and pick up some film along the way. I'm so excited that this is my last real California adventure as it's going to be simply amazing!

I would also like to add that I've been really fond of Castaways and Cutouts recently, and you should listen to this song off of it:

So good, so close to what I feel.

The sky is all blue now...I just checked the forecast for Joshua Tree and the high for today is 48. I hope the sun comes out to warm my skin, it gets cold out there when yer naked!

No comments:

Post a Comment