Thursday, February 25, 2010

Like a Leaf is to a Tree, So Fine.

I'm running into trouble keeping this blog. Mainly I want to post photos and blurbs but I also am sometimes tempted to treat it as a journal. I have too much to say lately but it's all pretty much on the same few subjects. Sometimes I tire of talking and I wish I could be silent and let the wind and the sea be the only sounds I hear, but then not everyone I know wants to sit and be silent with me, so I continue to talk about things that do not matter, and I find myself saying the same things over and over to different people every day. Why do people feel the need to constantly fill up that silence with words? What frightens them so much about sitting quietly with someone? I have never known a purer, sweeter peace than that which exists in the wordless moments I share with friends or lovers. The last couple weeks I have found myself wanting more than anything just to share silences with people. Luckily I have been able to here and there...but then, one of those people I only get to talk on the phone with, the other I can talk on the phone with until Tuesday, and the last I don't get to see frequently and won't get to after Tuesday anyway. This whole moving process has been making me much sadder than I could have anticipated. I am trying to keep a handle on my emotions but it is proving increasingly difficult.

Onward and upward, I suppose...here are some pictures!

 
Click for full size.

Photo by the ever-incredible David Winge. 



Click for full size.

Photo by David Winge.
 
Click for full size.

Photo by David Winge.

 

Click for full size.

David and I!


Frog skeleton.


My sister Allegra. "Take a picture of me with the frogs!!"


The Borneo Eared Frog!


Unidentified cuties.


My sisters playing some crazy game in the activity room at the aforementioned frog exhibit.

Lord, I have dozens more photos I should post, but I'll stretch them out into more entries...for now I would just like to end this post by stating how sick I am of being sick. I haven't ridden a bike in like two weeks and I'm completely unable to sing because I just start coughing and then I can't breathe. Grr.

More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment