Sunday, February 14, 2010

There and Back Again

Been a little bit behind on updating this week, whoops. I was in Austin from the 8th to the 12th looking for a place to live. And I found one! In roughly two weeks I will be moving into a room in the cutest little house on the east side, a mere 5 miles from Adam's house. Such a relief. I was getting pretty stressed out about trying to find a place, but it was a lot more worry-free than I anticipated. Well, not entirely worry-free, but I definitely freaked out more than I needed to. Now that everything has been cemented I just need to start packing up all my stuff and selling off all my furniture. Unfortunately, upon returning home from Austin I came down with a really nasty bug (Adam was sick while I was out there, boo) and so feel like I'll be laid up for several days. Hopefully it passes through quickly though, I had to miss work today and reeaally can't afford to be doing so any longer than I already have...ah well.

I didn't take very many pictures on this trip - it was pretty cold and rainy the entire time I was there, so we didn't get the chance to do a lot of exploring. We did, however, discover a new facet to rock-collecting! Adam has an impressive rock collection, and mine is growing in size, and we had both been reading rock identification books which suggested that purchasing a geological hammer for smashing specimens was a good idea. I think we were both against this notion at first, being worried about destroying pretty rocks...however, we soon discovered that smashing then was indeed a great activity! Rocks that look totally normal and unimpressive on the outside often contain the craziest internal structures. One of the rocks we broke open contained blue agate; many others had chert or some kind of weird crystals inside. Needless to say, our scientific experiment was a success. Oh, and we looked fashionable doing so too (safety first).

 

 


Definitely naptime now...I have a ton of pictures from David Winge for y'all though, as well as photos of big kitties from the Shambala Preserve and some other goodies that I'll put up in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment