Friday, February 5, 2010

Lord, I don't know if I'll ever be back again.

Decided to get a blog back up and running and gave up on wordpress and my photo blog over there since I haven't updated it in like 10 months. All my photo links were broken so rather than fix them I just moved it here! Hopefully I'll be posting a larger variety of stuff here (and not one million pictures at once).

Things are strange right now; beautiful but scary, certain yet uncertain, sunny and raining all at once. I'm in the process of moving to Austin and it is stressful but invigorating and I absolutely can't wait till I'm all settled there. Plans are kind of going wrong left and right but I'm confident that everything will work out the way it needs to eventually and that I needn't be all too worried or freaked out, even though it's easy to fall deep into those feelings. I've been occupying my time with a lot of modelling work in the last week or so and that is bringing a welcome breath of fresh air into my lungs and my interest in photography. Modelling is inspiring and challenging and has been motivating me to get off my ass and shoot more, and also to start looking into investing in a better camera. It's time to get a DSLR already and maybe a couple of nice lenses and also experiment with models. I just generally need to get out more and focus on composing good pictures. I'm going out to Joshua Tree on Sunday with photographer David Winge and plan on bringing my Rebel as well as my digital. I really like shooting film and haven't done it for a while, I'd like to get used to it again so I can sell my digital and use that as a savings base for a DSLR, and just use my film camera in the space inbetween new digital cameras. I feel like I've begun an entirely different chapter in my life, and while it's new it is still familiar and full of beauty; my heart is so open to all the love and positive influences that I have recently been fortunate enough to find, and I am so at peace with myself even though the waves are rough sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment