Saturday, March 6, 2010

Austin

I live in Austin now! The house I live in is amazing; it is super vintagey and quaint and full of knick-knacks, it has hardwood floors and old glass doorknobs and ceiling fans and lots of windows, and one of my windows overlooks the big backyard where the chickens live in a coop and our bicycles live in the shed behind them. I've been waking up every morning to the sound of grackles practicing their wide vocabularies, and today discovered a female cardinal frequenting the yard for twigs to build her nest (I hope it's in one of our trees). The kids who live next door are really sweet and wandered over to meet us when they heard Adam playing banjo in the backyard. My roommates are all really stellar. All except one of us went to the garden store yesterday and bought a whole bunch of baby plants home for planting in the front yard. Soon we'll have big bunches of kale, broccoli (maybe), chard, and lots of herbs, plus lettuce and cucumber and maybe tomatoes when it gets a bit warmer. I've gotten to see Adam pretty much every day since I've been here and it's been simply wonderful. Today we played music together and then went off hunting rocks at Boggy Creek. Found lots of treasures.

Unfortunately I feel like I'm getting sick AGAIN, after I was already sick for nearly two weeks upon coming home from Austin last time. I really hope it's just a scratchy throat from some other, non-viral source, because I need to go out and look for jobs in the next couple days, and I totally can't afford to get sick and delay that process.

I don't have any pictures just yet...I do have some of the house but none that are very exciting...but many await!

No comments:

Post a Comment