Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Aujourd'hui

Beautiful day today (and wonderful last night as well). I've been sick the last few days but feel significantly better today. Adam brought me soup last night and spent the night with me and we stayed up late watching nature documentaries. Today I got a really sweet package from my mom and my little sister that made me homesick briefly. Is familysick a word? I don't miss Orange County but I do miss some people that exist there, my mom and sisters being key figures in that. I feel familysick is more appropriate for these reasons. Adam and I went outside and sat on the front steps of the house to enjoy the warm weather and sunshine, went back in to check the weather for thunderstorms, and five minutes later heard an enormous clap of thunder, a lightning bolt ripped across the sky, and IT. FUCKING. POURED. For like 10 minutes the rain came down in sheets and it even started hailing! After that 10 minutes it was sunny, clear and beautiful again, so Adam and I went exploring and found amazing things. Words cannot express how much I love this man.

I am so happy here, every simple action, word, or look or cute house on the street makes me so thankful and overjoyed to be here. I still haven't found a steady job (my hunting was hindered by getting sick) but I'm going to go around putting in more resumes in the next couple of days, and until then I have a few modelling jobs that I'm really excited about! I was really lucky that a couple of local photographers got in touch with me within the last couple days who are interested in working with me AND who want to pay my rates. Freakin sweet.

Anyway, here's pictures! Lots of 'em! As always, click for full size, yadda yadda...

My bed!

My rocks!

View out the front door.

Our adorable kitchen.

Kitchen window.

Our baby vegetable garden! Kale, broccoli, lettuce, and swiss chard in this one. We have lots of herbs and some flowers for another couple of beds, and lots of seeds to start out too. This summer is going to be delicious!

Our backyard, complete with trees, bike shed, and chicken coop.

The downpour!

Creek near my house.



Ljuibov!

Beautiful, GIANT oyster(?) fossil we found in the creekbed! It lives on our front porch now.

Finished the day off with leftover soup, pasta with portabella mushrooms and red peppers, and coconut milk ice cream. I am a super happy camper.

Love.

1 comment: